Question regarding wimax drivers in linux

On Fri, 2011-10-07 at 11:06 -0400, Apoorva Gade wrote:
> Hi ,
>   I am a student of columbia university. I am working on a wimax
> project and experimenting on the base station recently installed on
> our campus. I am using Intel centrino wimax 6250 card. I am able to
> successfully connect to the base station. I just wanted to know how to
> access the files of the drivers of the wimax card so that I can do
> some modifications to it...also are there any experiments done on
> modifying the device drivers of the wimax card?  Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.

The WiMAX drivers and stack are in the Linux kernel:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=summary

The drivers for Intel cards are here:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=tree;f=drivers/net/wimax/i2400m

and the generic code is:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git;a=tree;f=net/wimax

The user-space side, which controls scanning, authentication, and
translating the kernel API into something usable for other user-space
stuff like connection managers is called the "wimax network service",
and that was hosted on git.kernel.org, but it hasn't gotten put back yet
since git.kernel.org came back after being hacked.  The network service
is really, really ugly since it's basically a port of the Windows code
and does about 300% more than it really needs to do.

Dan

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]