WiMAX_DB.bin/WiMAX_Def.bin description

2011/4/28 I?aky P?rez-Gonz?lez <inaky at linux.intel.com>

> On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 20:56 +0200, Tomek wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there any description of the WiMAX_DB.bin and WiMAX_Def.bin XML files
> > available?
> > I'm trying to connect the Intel Centrino Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250 card
> > (running on Ubuntu linux with driver 1.5.1 version) to a wimax BS
> > running on 3.41GHz on 10MHz channel and 1024 FFT size.
> > In order to do so I have added a new frequency band to the channel plan
> > of Yota profile:
> >
> > <x2>
> >       <Id>YotaCF3</Id>
> >       <FirstFreq>3400000</FirstFreq>
> >       <LastFreq>3450000</LastFreq>
> >       <NextFreqStep>10000</NextFreqStep>
> >       <Preambles>ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff</Preambles>
> >       <BW>10000</BW>
> >       <FFTSize>1024</FFTSize>
> >       <DuplexMode>1</DuplexMode>
> >       <TTL>0</TTL>
> > </x2>
> >

> > After that the scanning is successful:
> >
> > root at terminal:/var/lib/wimax# wimaxcu scan
> > Scanning 83% Done =======-
> > Network found.
> > NSP : Yota
> >         ID          : 21
> >         Signal      : Excellent
> >         RSSI        : -53 dBm
> >         CINR        : 32 dB
> >         Network Type: Home Network
> >         Activated.
> >
> > However I cannot connect to the BS. The wimaxcu connect network 21
> returns:
> >
> > Scanning operation completed.
> > Connecting to Yota Network...
> > Connection Fail: time out
> >

> > The BS is configured without client authentication. Does setting the
> > Activated to False in SubscriptionParameters for Yota profile in
> > WiMAX_DB.bin and WiMAX_Def.bin will be enough to disable it or should I
> > remove the entire section or set some other values too? Can anyone point
> > me to what I'm doing wrong? I can send you my version of WiMAX_DB.bin
> > and WiMAX_Def.bin files.
>

> The intel WiMAX hw doesn't work without client authentication. It cannot
> be disabled, so that's probably it.
>
> Than, how it work with Freshtel/Ukraine?
They use Captive portal for authorizing users and unrestricted entry and
access to their web, for at least ImPAD 0410 hardware, which has Intel 6250
inside. It is working from Windows 7 32 bit with Intel driver (may be
customized for Freshtel/Ukraine).
AFAIK they not use EAP-TLS with device certificates, for USB sticks they use
EAP-TTLS/MSCHAPv2 so there is need to enter realm and password.
But for Intel hardware there is nothing to enter and network connected.
Internet service is allowed after authentication over Captive portal.
I have this hardware in my possession, but has problem with Linux on it,
because it is a tablet and recent Linux distro has no driver for
touchscreen.

--
//batcilla