Beecem drivers

On Tue, 2010-09-14 at 19:56 -0700, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> I am playing with getting this working:
>  http://developer.sprint.com/getDocument.do?docId=101032
>
> Not sure what the distribution terms are on the user space and firmware,
> but it is all there.  I submitted the kernel driver (as is) to Greg
> to put in staging tree.
>
> So far:
>    * driver waits for ever causing timeout messages
>    * implements on skb queueing
>    * does kernel i/o to load firmware
>    * racey as hell, lots of use of atomic's like that would
>       solve SMP.
>
> The user space model is a nuisance. They have wimaxd and then a
> client that you need to talk to interactively to bring up connection.
> (gag).

HELL YEAH.  Seems to have dropped in late July, so quite recent.  I've
certainly been looking for a long time and never found anything that
would work with the USB sticks.  Good catch.

But is it really GPL?  I didn't find a license file (except for one of
the tools) and there aren't licenses at the top of some of the sources
files.  Traditionally we consider that to be "questionable" at least
until somebody from the company comes clean on it.

Dan

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]