Generating a new XML file for a new carrier

On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 09:34 -0700, Don Weeks wrote:
> I just got to this but for our use, we need to send over a
> certificate, username and password for authentication with AAA before

>From the device side, to the best of my knowledge, there is no way to
alter the device certificate. It's burnt into it, precisely to avoid
"misrepresentation" and theft of service.

> we get an IP address. In order to make this more clear, each of our
> radios represents a different ISP and as such, generates a different
> certificate. I need to be able to create an operator with a Unique ID
> and send over a operator specific certificate plus username and
> password. Is the password in the XML clear text or is it an encrypted
> version of the password? Esentially, to login, I need to send
> user at realm, password and certificate before I get an IP.

It sounds like TTLS to me or some other kind. As I said, in this release
only TLS was tested and known to work. TTLS code is there, but I'd be
surprised if it worked. Other EAP methods probabnly won't work.

Can your test setup be altered?

> [...]
>
>                                <x0>
>
>                                <SERVER_REALM>uqwimax.jp</SERVER_REALM>
>
>                        </x0>
>
>                        </SERVER_REALMS>
>
>                        <CERT>
>
>                                <x0>
>
>                                        <CERT_TYPE>DEVICE</CERT_TYPE>
>
>                                </x0>
>
>                                <x1>
>
>                                        <CERT_TYPE>CA</CERT_TYPE>
>
>                                </x1>
>
>                        </CERT>
>
>                </x1>
>
>                <x2>
>
>                        <METHOD_TYPE></METHOD_TYPE>
>
>                        <VENDOR_ID>24757</VENDOR_ID>
>
>                        <VENDOR_TYPE>1</VENDOR_TYPE>
>
>                        <USER_IDENTITY></USER_IDENTITY>
>

>         <PROVISIONED_PSEUDO_IDENTITY></PROVISIONED_PSEUDO_IDENTITY>
>
>                        <PASSWORD></PASSWORD>
>
>                        <REALM></REALM>
>
>                        <USE_PRIVACY>False</USE_PRIVACY>
>
>                        <ENCAPS>1</ENCAPS>
>
>                        <VFY_SERVER_REALM>False</VFY_SERVER_REALM>
>
>                        <SERVER_REALMS></SERVER_REALMS>
>
>                        <CERT></CERT>
>
>                </x2>
>
>         </EAP>
>

>         >         Don
>         >
>         > On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Inaky Perez-Gonzalez
>         > <inaky at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>         >         On Wed, 2010-04-07 at 10:00 -0400, Don Weeks wrote:
>         >         > Thanks Inaky,
>         >         >
>         >         >    I have been gathering the details but we use
>         certificates
>         >         and TTLS
>         >         > sercurity which they don't so I don't have an
>         example of
>         >         doing those.
>         >         > I do have all these details for our base stations
>         but just
>         >         missing
>         >         > some of the finer points. I know this is an OMA
>         XML file but
>         >         OMA
>         >         > breaks their stuff down into tiny sections. Any
>         idea which
>         >         one is the
>         >         > security parameters one or does someone have an
>         example of
>         >         EAP_TTLS to
>         >         > go by? Also, the NDS files go
>         in /usr/local/share/wimax and
>         >         then
>         >
>         >
>         >         I'll ask around for an example that you can use
>         >
>         >         > restart wimaxd to pick them up? And is the file
>         name
>         >         important as
>         >         > there are 2 NDS files in the directory.
>         >
>         >
>         >         You need to modify the file with wimaxd stopped, or
>         it will
>         >         overwrite
>         >         the changes. The file name should be
>         >         NDnSAgentConfig_forDriver.xml.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]