5150 Wifi/Wimax switching problems

Hello Brendan

On Tue, 2010-01-12 at 12:23 -0700, Brendan Fosberry wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> I'm amazed at how well wimax works on my laptop, well done developers!

Thank you,

> Im using a Intel 5150 and I've been trying to find a way to switch
> between wifi and wimax. Wifi works until I start using Wimax and then
> deactivates (just like in windows) however I can't find a way to
> deactivate wimax and reactivate wifi. I can wimaxcu roff and remove the
> i2400m-usb module but I still can't switch on wifi.

Try reloading the iwl-agn kernel module; sometimes the firmware just
gets too stuck and there is no way to bring it back other than with a
serious slap.

We are quite out of resources to issue a better fix for this, for now it
is the only thing we have, sorry :(

> Do you guys know what method is used to switch off wifi? Starting from
> there I can probably find a way to reactivate via a script.
>
> Also is anyone working on a Wimax gui or integrating with the default
> gnome network connection manager?

There is support for connman and I think someone was working on
integrating with network manager.

Cheers,

--
-- Inaky

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]