Wimax in mesh mode

Hi Sina,

> > How can we use the added Linux-Wimax components (Wimax subsystem & driver)
> > in kernel-2.6.29-rc2 for mesh mode Wimax MAC operation?
>
> So far there is no mesh support. You are always welcome to contribute it, but
> I don't know of any publicly available hardware that can do it.

I also don't see how any WiMAX setup will ever allow mesh-mode
operation. The whole WiMAX technology is based around point-to-point
connections and the concept of basestations. Similar to what GSM/UMTS is
providing. So to have any kind of mesh operation you would either need
to turn your WiMAX card into a basestation or have some ad-hoc mode
between two cards. I don't see that happening since behind WiMAX (same
as with GSM/UMTS) is a business model and the providers are planning to
make money. Also keep in mind that the spectrum is a licensed spectrum
and you can not just power up a basestation by yourself.

Regards

Marcel

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]