Adding profiles for wimaxcu

On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 08:42 -0400, Matt Knox wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have got the drivers compiled in my kernel, and the tools all
> installed. Everything seems to be running fine, but I cannot see my
> wimax network. The wimax that I am attempting to connect to is neither
> clearwire or xohm, it is actually run by my university.
>
> Could someone point me in the direction of where the profiles are
> stored for the cu? If I can get all of the required information for
> that configuration, would that be all I need to be able to see my
> schools wimax network?

Huh, you are in for an adventure. In theory your wimax provider
(university) should be able to provide an OMA XML tree with the
parameters. Do you know if they provide OMA?

For now, it's going to be easier for you to try the experimental
op_nap_scan branch (from the wimax.git tree in git.kernel.org). Build
that and then build also the op_nap_scan branch of the wimax-tools.git
repository (also in git.kernel.org).

Then issue:

wimaxll -i wmx0
nap-scan /usr/local/share/wimax-tools/nap-channel-table.txt

the channel table is quite limited and we might need to increase it, but
let's try that first.

After this you'll have to find which auth parameters they want; normally
they do a TLS auth, but it could be TTLS and then you'd need an extra
user ID + password. For both, you need to find from the network admins
what's the realm like. In clearwire, it is MACADDRESS at clear.com (with
mac address just the hex digits in all caps).

If you have Windows, chances are windows has, if you are using an Intel
device with it, generated an XML file for you already. Look for a file
named NDnSAgentConfig_forDriver.xml in your system. It might have the
info we need already.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]