Clear - WiMAX Provider - Linux drivers

Hi Thiago

On Thu, 2009-07-16 at 23:50 -0400, thiago wrote:
> Dear Mr. Perez-Gonzalez,
>
> My name is Thiago and I live in Atlanta, Georgia. As of today, I am
> relying on a company called Clear (www.clear.com) to provide me High
> Speed internet access, and they use WiMAX.
>
> I'm using a modem with one ethernet port, so no drivers required. The
> service has been great so far: 5.44 Mbps down measured by speedtest.net.
>
> The sad news is they don't have linux or mac drivers for their USB
> dongles. They use primarily Motorola products. The USB dongle they
> sell is the Motorola USBw 100 (link: http://www.motorola.com/business/US-EN/USBw_100_US-EN+++.do?vgnextoid=4891424803a7c110VgnVCM1000008406b00aRCRD)
> .
> What do you say? If this USB 100w and other devices are going to be
> 100% Linux compatible someday, I think you are the most qualified
> developer to make this happen.

I say I have no say over it :)

As other said while I was gone (thanks all), this is a matter of any of

- the chipset manufacturer writing a driver

- the manufacturer releasing specifications or docs and then someone
(not necessarily them) writing a driver

- someone reverse engineering to create a driver

I won't be involved in any of it at the driver level. I will more than
gladly accept suggestions, code and help with the main stack part.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]