usb dongle enumerate as mass storage device

On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 15:29 -0600, charles zhuang wrote:
> Dan, Inaky,
> Thanks for the info. I am contacting Asus now to see if they have a
> different usb dongle that works for linux out of the box. As I recall,
> the previous post from Andrew Zabolotny stated that his dongle can work,
> which I believe it's the same model as mine. I can't get response from
> Andrew as what he needs to do.
> If I get confirmed from Asus that there's no separate dongle for Linux
> only, I will definitely have a try as we discuss here, any way I need to
> get it going for my project. Will let you guys know once I have any
> update.

Would be great if you could do it as a patch like I've outlined above,
so that we could get it into the upstream kernel and have it Just Work
for everyone, without resorting to udev script hackery.

Thanks!
Dan

> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> Charles

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]