connecting ok to Xohm, but next steps unclear to get IP on wmx0

On Tuesday 16 December 2008, The Hereweb wrote:
> I'm now connecting to Xohm OK, but now I need to get the wmx0 interface an
> IP.  FYI, my laptop is dual-boot so my Intel 5350 card is already activated
> and works on XOHM under Vista.

You need to patch the dhclient program for it to work with non-ethernet
interfaces (like our device is); the patches are available in linuxwimax.org,
download section. Another option is to use pump.

Even though, it might still not work as the Xohm network may be configured
not to lease addresses to non-Ethernet interfaces, which is what I've commonly
seen (and one of the reasons why we switched over to emulate ethernet
interfaces).

Our next release works around that by making the driver emulate an ethernet
device.

In the meantime, if brave, you can try the mainline driver with the 1.3
network service 1.3 release; see:

http://linuxwimax.org/WiMAX-Network-Service-1.3.3-mainline-README.txt

--
Inaky

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]