Queries regarding linux wimax project.

On Wednesday 14 May 2008, rajith pr wrote:

Hi Rajith

> We are a group a developers with WLAN expertise and we are planning to
> develop wimax protocol analyser for linux.
> As linux wimax project will be the first linux driver we would like to know
> if the we can capture management/control message from intel minisd card.
> Does the card have the capablities to send them to capture part of the
> kernel. Also,
> will promiscous mode in ethernet/wlan be supported??

It is not possible to implement a WiMAX analyzer using the Intel hardware.

It will only deliver to the host the data frames that are directed to
it from the base station. This means you can?t put it into a sort of
?promiscuous? mode. As well, it takes care (and thus, doesn?t export to
the host) of all the protocol handling.

Thanks,

--
Inaky

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux Wireless]     [Linux Bluetooth]     [Linux Netdev]     [Linux Kernel Newbies]     [IDE]     [Security]     [Git]     [Netfilter]     [Bugtraq]     [Yosemite News]     [MIPS Linux]     [ARM Linux]     [Linux Security]     [Linux RAID]     [Linux ATA RAID]     [Samba]     [Video 4 Linux]     [Device Mapper]