Re: remove arch/sh

Hi Adrian,

On Fri, Feb 3, 2023 at 11:29 AM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 2023-02-03 at 09:30 +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 03, 2023 at 09:24:46AM +0100, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> > > Since this is my very first time stepping up as a kernel maintainer, I was hoping
> > > to get some pointers on what to do to make this happen.
> > >
> > > So far, we have set up a new kernel tree and I have set up a local development and
> > > test environment for SH kernels using my SH7785LCR board as the target platform.
> > >
> > > Do I just need to send a patch asking to change the corresponding entry in the
> > > MAINTAINERS file?
> >
> > I'm not sure a there is a document, but:
> >
> >  - add the MAINTAINERS change to your tree
> >  - ask Stephen to get your tree included in linux-next
> >
> > then eventually send a pull request to Linus with all of that.  Make
> > sure it's been in linux-next for a while.
>
> OK, thanks for the pointers! Will try to get this done by next week.
>
> We're still discussing among SuperH developer community whether there will be a second
> maintainer, so please bear with us a few more days. I will collect patches in the
> meantime.

Thanks a lot!

If you need any help with process, setup, ... don't hesitate to ask
(on e.g. #renesas-soc on Libera).

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]