Re: remove arch/sh

On Fri, Jan 13, 2023 at 9:10 AM John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 1/13/23 07:23, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > arch/sh has been a long drag because it supports a lot of SOCs, and most
> > of them haven't even been converted to device tree infrastructure.  These
> > SOCs are generally obsolete as well, and all of the support has been barely
> > maintained for almost 10 years, and not at all for more than 1 year.
> >
> > Drop arch/sh and everything that depends on it.
>
> I'm still maintaining and using this port in Debian.
>
> It's a bit disappointing that people keep hammering on it. It works fine for me.

Indeed.  The main issue is not the lack of people sending patches and
fixes, but those patches never being applied by the maintainers.
Perhaps someone is willing to stand up to take over maintainership?

Thanks!

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]