Re: [Watchdog drivers] - WDIOC_GETSUPPORT clarification

On Wed, Sep 01, 2021 at 12:15:23PM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Wed, 2021-08-18 at 07:53 -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> > On 8/18/21 7:49 AM, Hans de Goede wrote:
> > > Hi,

> > > Ok, so drivers which may set CARDRESET in their GETBOOTSTATUS
> > > reply, but
> > > don't advertise this in their GETSUPPORT watchdog_info.options
> > > reply
> > > are buggy and should be fixed, got it. Thanks.
> > >
> > > I've made a note about fixing this in a possible-kernel-projects
> > > document
> > > which I keep for when people who are interested in kernel
> > > development
> > > ask me for projects.
> > >

> > With an add-on: If the driver in question is an old-style driver,
> > anyone
> > affected by the problem should really convert the driver to support
> > the watchdog subsystem.
>
> Would you have a link to any docs/posts outlining what needs to be done
> for conversion to the watchdog subsystem?

Documentation/watchdog/convert_drivers_to_kernel_api.rst should help.

Guenter

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]