Millisecond level watchdog interface

Hi,

I'm representing the Elisa group, an organization working on making it
easier to use Linux in safety critical applications.

As part of this, one thing we need is a watchdog that has a much finer
granularity than one second.  In some applications, that is just too
long.

Would the watchdog maintainers be ameniable to changes to the interface
to support finer granularity?  Milliseconds should be fine, though higher
resolution would be fine, too.

If so, there are a number of ways you can implement this.  You could
make the interface modal, meaning that you "throw a switch" and the
standard interfaces become millisecond-level.  Or you could create new
ioctls with millisecond level granularity.  You would probably want some
way to fetch the granularity of the timer, too.  Maybe there's another
better way.

Thanks,

-corey

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]