[no subject]

The IPMI watchdog interface rolled its own ioctl, because in the beginning
that's the way it was, and later because it had a lot of capabilities
that were not in the standard interface.

This patch set attempts to add those capabilities into the standard
interface and move the IPMI watchdog over to that interface.  The
changes are:

  * Add a pretimeout governor that provides read data on the watchdog
    device when a pretimeout happens.
  * Add the ability to set the action that occurs when a timeout happens.
    The IPMI device and power off or power cycle the system.  I noticed
    that some other devices can sound alarms and such, I think an interface
    like this is a good idea.
  * Add the ability to get/set the action that occurs when a pretimeout
    happens.  IPMI can send an NMI, SMI, or normal interrupt.  I also
    did a patch that fills out the other drivers that had pretimeouts
    so the get operation returns the right value.
  * Add an ioctl to get/set the current pretimeout governor.  It seemed
    like something that was missing.
  * Add a sample program that can do all the watchdog IOCTLs.  Useful
    for testing, if nothing else.

The IPMI watchdog driver still keeps it's current module parameter
configuration, it just goes through the standard watchdog interface
now.  I'm going to deprecate the module parameters at some point
because it's kind of awkward.

There's also a small bug fix (I think) where the default governor is
not NULL-ed when it is unregistered.

-corey

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]