Re: What to set in struct watchdog_device::bootstatus?

Hello Guenter,

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 09:14:08PM +0100, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> In a custom kernel patch stack I found a patch that uses (apart from
> WDIOF_CARDRESET also) WDIOF_POWERUNDER and WDIOF_EXTERN1 to
> differentiate the different reset causes. Now that you told using this
> is wrong, I wonder how these are supposed to be used instead; and there
> are a few more that according to
> Documentation/watchdog/watchdog-kernel-api.txt might be used to set
> bootstatus. Are these a relic? What do these signal?

I'm still interested in an answer here. While it is currently not
possible to "fix" the custom kernel as some other software that is
already shipping depends on this. Still I'd like to know the details
here to maybe suggest an alternative for the longterm future.

> IMHO there is a patch opportunity waiting to improve the documenation
> :-) Or maybe even change watchdog_get_status() to ensure that only
> WDIOF_CARDRESET, WDIOF_MAGICCLOSE and WDIOF_KEEPALIVEPING can be set?

Best regards
Uwe

[Index of Archives]     [Linux ARM Kernel]     [Linux ARM]     [Linux Omap]     [Fedora ARM]     [IETF Annouce]     [Security]     [Bugtraq]     [Linux]     [Linux OMAP]     [Linux MIPS]     [eCos]     [Asterisk Internet PBX]     [Linux API]