Re: Query: Best way to know if a watchdog is active (kicked)

On 08/18/2015 06:08 AM, Pratyush Anand wrote:
On 18/08/2015:05:50:06 AM, Guenter Roeck wrote:
On 08/17/2015 11:57 PM, Pratyush Anand wrote:

[...]

One possible solution to your problem might be to have some sysfs attributes
associated with watchdog devices, one of which would be its state.
That has been on my mental task list for a while, but unfortunately
I never found the time to implement it.

Well, I will give an attempt to implement state as a sysfs attributes associated
with watchdog devices, having two values ACTIVE and INACTIVE. Will send the
modification for review.
We can always add latter on more attributes and more state values.

Sounds good. We should have a 'name' attribute as well. We'll also need
'timeout', 'keepalive' to ping the watchdog, 'timeleft', and 'bootstatus'.
Not sure what else.

The attributes should be implemented as class attributes, to ensure
that they are created and removed automatically. That may require
the watchdog class to be static instead of a pointer.

Thanks,
Guenter