New watchdog and watchdog-next branches to augment the existing ones

Hi all,

to support Wim in his efforts to maintain the watchdog subsystem,
I created two new branches in my repository at kernel.org
	git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/groeck/linux-staging.git

The two branches are
	watchdog	for watchdog patches I believe should be applied
			to the current upstream kernel
	watchdog-next	for patches I believe are ready to be pushed upstream
			in the next commit window.

Both branches may and will be rebased from time to time as I see fit. watchdog
will in general be based on a recent upstream tag, and watchdog-next will be
based on watchdog. As of today, the watchdog branch is based on v3.12-rc3.

The new branches are not supposed to replace Wim's repository, but to augment it.
It enables me to run my own automated build tests (see
http://server.roeck-us.net:8010/builders for current build results), and it will
hopefully trigger builds by Fengguang's build robots with the various patches
applied.

I also set up patchwork to track the watchdog mailing lists at
http://server.roeck-us.net/project/linux-watchdog/list/. This is mostly for
myself to ensure that patches don't get lost, but it is accessible for others
as well.

I hope this will help Wim in deciding if and when to push patches upstream; at
the very least it will provide additional test coverage. Note that I don't plan
to add the watchdog-next branch to linux-next, as the decision if and when
to push patches upstream is up to Wim to make.

Thanks,
Guenter

---
P.s.: If you are on the Cc: list, it is most likely because you signed off
at least one of the patches in one of the branches.