Re: [GIT PULL] virtio: features, fixes

On Tue, 19 Mar 2024 at 00:41, Michael S. Tsirkin <mst@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> virtio: features, fixes
>
> Per vq sizes in vdpa.
> Info query for block devices support in vdpa.
> DMA sync callbacks in vduse.
>
> Fixes, cleanups.

Grr. I thought the merge message was a bit too terse, but I let it slide.

But only after pushing it out do I notice that not only was the pull
request message overly terse, you had also rebased this all just
moments before sending the pull request and didn't even give a hit of
a reason for that.

So I missed that, and the merge is out now, but this was NOT OK.

Yes, rebasing happens. But last-minute rebasing needs to be explained,
not some kind of nasty surprise after-the-fact.

And that pull request explanation was really borderline even *without*
that issue.

                Linus