[RFC net-next 0/8] virtio_net: refactor xdp codes

Due to historical reasons, the implementation of XDP in virtio-net is relatively
chaotic. For example, the processing of XDP actions has two copies of similar
code. Such as page, xdp_page processing, etc.

The purpose of this patch set is to refactor these code. Reduce the difficulty
of subsequent maintenance. Subsequent developers will not introduce new bugs
because of some complex logical relationships.

In addition, the supporting to AF_XDP that I want to submit later will also need
to reuse the logic of XDP, such as the processing of actions, I don't want to
introduce a new similar code. In this way, I can reuse these codes in the
future.

This patches are developed on the top of another patch set[1]. I may have to
wait to merge this. So this patch set is a RFC.

Please review.

Thanks.

[1]. https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/20230315015223.89137-1-xuanzhuo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

Xuan Zhuo (8):
  virtio_net: mergeable xdp: put old page immediately
  virtio_net: mergeable xdp: introduce mergeable_xdp_prepare
  virtio_net: introduce virtnet_xdp_handler() to seprate the logic of
    run xdp
  virtio_net: separate the logic of freeing xdp shinfo
  virtio_net: separate the logic of freeing the rest mergeable buf
  virtio_net: auto release xdp shinfo
  virtio_net: introduce receive_mergeable_xdp()
  virtio_net: introduce receive_small_xdp()

2.32.0.3.g01195cf9f