Re: PROBLEM: virtio_net LRO kernel panics

在 2021/7/23 上午10:54, Ivan 写道:
On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 9:37 PM Jason Wang <jasowang@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

在 2021/7/23 上午9:40, Ivan 写道:
On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 8:28 PM Tonghao Zhang<xiangxia.m.yue@xxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
what is your kernel version, and features of your netdevice
Currently, 5.13.4.  But I also tested with kernels back to 5.10, and
it always panics.  I also downloaded the stock generic kernel from
Slackware, and it too panicked.

0 root@NuRaid:~# ethtool -k eth0
Features for eth0:
rx-checksumming: on [fixed]
tx-checksumming: on
          tx-checksum-ipv4: off [fixed]
          tx-checksum-ip-generic: on
          tx-checksum-ipv6: off [fixed]
          tx-checksum-fcoe-crc: off [fixed]
          tx-checksum-sctp: off [fixed]
scatter-gather: on
          tx-scatter-gather: on
          tx-scatter-gather-fraglist: off [fixed]
tcp-segmentation-offload: on
          tx-tcp-segmentation: on
          tx-tcp-ecn-segmentation: off [fixed]
          tx-tcp-mangleid-segmentation: off
          tx-tcp6-segmentation: on
generic-segmentation-offload: on
generic-receive-offload: on
large-receive-offload: on [fixed]

Does it work if you turn off lro before enabling the forwarding?

Btw, using LRO for virtio-net is suspicious, it's actually the GSO in
the RX patch not LRO.
As I mention, it's a freshly booted system on which I have not made
any setting changes with ethtool or sysctl. (So, whatever the kernel
defaults are)

Per your suggestion:

0 root@NuRaid:~# ethtool -K eth0 lro off
Actual changes:
rx-lro: on [requested off]
Could not change any device features
1 root@NuRaid:~#

Ok, it looks like the device misses the VIRTIO_NET_F_CTRL_GUEST_OFFLOADS which makes it impossible to change the LRO setting.

Did you use qemu? If yes, what's the qemu version you've used?

Thanks