Re: [RFC] VSOCK: The performance problem of vhost_vsock.

On 2018年10月15日 09:43, jiangyiwen wrote:
Hi Stefan & All:

Now I find vhost-vsock has two performance problems even if it
is not designed for performance.

First, I think vhost-vsock should faster than vhost-net because it
is no TCP/IP stack, but the real test result vhost-net is 5~10
times than vhost-vsock, currently I am looking for the reason.

TCP/IP is not a must for vhost-net.

How do you test and compare the performance?

Thanks

Second, vhost-vsock only supports two vqs(tx and rx), that means
if multiple sockets in the guest will use the same vq to transmit
the message and get the response. So if there are multiple applications
in the guest, we should support "Multiqueue" feature for Virtio-vsock.

Stefan, have you encountered these problems?

Thanks,
Yiwen.