[Lf-announce] Japan Linux Symposium Program & Schedule Announcement

======================================
Program Announcement for Japan Linux Symposium
October 21-23, 2009
Tokyo, Japan

Featured keynotes includes James Bottomley and Jonathan Corbet, as
well as speakers including Greg KH (Novell), Hideaki Yoshifuji (Keio
University) and Toshiharu Harada (NTT DATA Corp.).

======================================
We are pleased to announce the detailed program for this year’s Japan
Linux Symposium (JLS). The event, a new annual technical conference
designed to provide a collaboration and education space in the Pacific
Rim covering all matters Linux, takes place October 21 – 23, 2009 at
Akihabara Convention Hall, Tokyo, Japan.  More than fifty technical
sessions are included with speakers featuring the top technical talent
from across the globe.

Register Now for Only US$200 – this reduced rate ends August 31st:
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/component/registrationpro/?func=details&did=14

View the detailed program here:
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/japan-linux-symposium/schedule

==================
Keynote Panels Include:
==================
‘How OSS/Linux Meets Business?’
Developer/Business Panelists: Daniel Frye (IBM), James Bottomley
(Novell), Shinichi Yamada (NTT DATA Corporation) and Hiroyuki Kamezawa
(Fujitsu).  Moderated by Nobuyori Takahashi (Nikkei BP).

‘Where does Linux Go?’
Kernel Panelists: Jonathan Corbet (LWN.net), Andrew Morton (Google),
Takashi Iwai (Novell) and Tejun Heo (Novell).  Moderated by Ted Ts’o
(IBM/The Linux Foundation).

===================
Noteworthy Talks Include:
===================
>Development and Maintenance of the Fedora kernel - Dave Jones (Red Hat, Fedora maintainer)
>Btrfs: Filesystem Status and Future Plans - Chris Mason (Oracle, Btrfs developer)
>The Kernel Report - Jonathan Corbet (LWN.net)
>How to Contribute to the Linux Kernel and Why It Makes Economic Sense -  James Bottomley (Novell)
>Kernel Development: Drawing Lessons From Mistakes - Toshiharu Harada (NTT DATA Corporation)
>Upstream In-House Board Support Package - Magnus Damm
>Memory Cgroup: Summary and Upcoming Enhancements -  Hiroyuki Kamezawa (Fujitsu)
>Improvement of I/O Error Handling on Ext3 Filesystem -  Hidehiro Kawai (Hitachi, Ltd.)
>Statistics of Linux Kernel Development -  Tsugikazu Shibata (NEC)
>The Moblin SDK -  Mikio Sakemoto (Intel K.K. SSG)
>A Disk I/O Bandwidth Controller – Implemented as a Device-Mapper Module - Ryo Tsuruta (VA Linux Systems Japan K.K.)
>ZABBIX – An Enterprise-Class Open-Source Distributed Monitoring Solution - Kodai Terashima (Miracle Linux)
>Why Are We Hesitating to Join the Community -  Satoru Ueda (Sony Corporation)
>Saving Battery Life With Linux Power Management -  Brad Dixon (MontaVista Software)
>Understanding Debian -  Bdale Garbee (Hewlett-Packard)
>Linux IPv6 - Where We Are, Where We Will Be - Yoshifuji Hideaki (Keio University)

Additional Keynote Sessions on Wednesday, October 21st featuring Linus Torvalds
In addition to the conference sessions and keynotes noted above, The
Linux Foundation and IPA also bring you a special keynote session on
Wednesday, October 21st to be held at the ANA Intercontinental Hotel
in Tokyo.  Featured keynotes include: Linux creator Linus Torvalds,
Ruby creator Yukihiro Matsumoto (Network Applied Communication
Laboratory), Anthony Williams (Co-Author of Wikinomics) and Jim Zemlin
(The Linux Foundation),

organizations from both Japan and the US who emphatically support the
promotion and growth of the Linux platform. You can see names of
sponsor companies in the following web site:
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/japan-linux-symposium/sponsors