Re: [patch] x86, paravirt-spinlocks: fix boot hang

* Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> should never
>>     be built with -pg (which ftrace does). Marking paravirt.o as
>>     non-pg and marking all spinlock ops as always-inline solve the
>>     hang.
>>

> Thanks Ingo, that would have taken me a while to work out.

yeah, i figured i'd be the better candidate to debug ftrace related
problems ;-)

> Presumably that means that xen/smp.o should also be built without -pg.
> In fact, should I move the spinlock code into its own file, so that
> ftrace can cover as much as it can?

hm, yeah. Anything that can be called via the lowest level spinlock
functions should be either notrace, or, better, in a -pg-excluded .o
file. Putting it all into a separate file would cover it nicely i think.

	Ingo