Re: lguest/host benchmarks.

On Sat, 2007-06-09 at 06:44 +0200, Nicholas Mc Guire wrote:
> so the file issue is most likely a memory exhaustion effect on the guest

Right, I usually run w/ 512M of ram per guest, so I haven't noticed.

> we still are checking things related to the absolute values reported - not
> yet convinced that timing is that correct on the guest.

It's possible, which is why virtbench runs external to the guest.  I
never trust anyone's non-hardware clocks 8)

> > This can be optimized by enhancing the switcher itself to walk the guest
> > page tables and reflect is straight back into the guest if it's not
> > mapped there.  This shouldn't actually be too hard, but I wonder if it's
> > worth the complexity...
> >
> Even if it were it should not go into lguest - the really nice thing about
> it is that one can actually understand it !

I agree, but I can probably do this in under 50 lines.  As you say, not
worth it if it doesn't hurt real applications.

Thanks, and thanks for the kind words about lguest!
Rusty.