Re: [RELEASE] Lguest for 2.6.21

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 12:43:48AM +1000, Rusty Russell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 	Lguest is a simple hypervisor which runs Linux under Linux, without
> needing VT hardware.
>
> 	Two people asked if I had a version of lguest which worked on
> other-than-bleeding-edge-mm kernels, so I did a backport of the latest
> version to 2.6.21.
>
> 	http://lguest.ozlabs.org/lguest-2.6.21-254.patch.gz
>
> See Documentation/lguest/lguest.txt for how to run,
> drivers/lguest/README for the draft code documentation journey.

Your lguest readme is quite lacking in the area of how to configure a
guest kernel as opposed to the host kernel. More hand-holding, please.

Maybe it's obvious once I've actually applied the patch and run
menuconfig, but I'm loathe to attempt anything that isn't a cake walk
at my current loadavg, especially given the fits of blind rage trying
to do anything nontrivial with Xen tends to provoke in me.