huh startup_ipi_hook?

The current paravirt startup_ipi hook for vmware
commit: ae5da273fe3352febd38658d8d34484cbcfb3423
is quite frankly ridiculous.

In the middle of wake_up_secondary_cpu:
We have:
      /*
       * Paravirt / VMI wants a startup IPI hook here to set up the
       * target processor state.
       */
      startup_ipi_hook(phys_apicid, (unsigned long) start_secondary,
                       (unsigned long) stack_start.esp);

As far as I can tell from reading this there is a completely
different mechanism in place to start for a secondary processor.
Which seems sane.

What doesn't seem sane is bothering to run the rest of the code
for sending an INIT message to a secondary processor.  It certainly
does not feel general at all.

I think we should be intercepting this startup call at a higher level,
where we can just say:  Start secondary cpu with this stack
and with this esp.  Or something like that.

So conceptually I think the concept makes sense but implementation
wise I think what is currently present is totally ridiculous.

Eric