Paravirt-ops VMI / Xen / lrustyvisor merge status

Andi Kleen wrote:
> On Friday 09 February 2007 06:28, Zachary Amsden wrote:
>
>> So, as 2.6.21-rc1 is approaching, what is the upstream merge status for
>> the paravirt-ops backends?  I believe VMI is in Andi's tree, plus or
>> minus some bugfixes that are still being whittled in, but Andi, do you
>> think the VMI code is in good shape for merging?
>>

> I don't know in what shape it is in as it hasn't been tested by me.
> From the looks it looks reasonable enough for merging. But I didn't like
> some of your recent updates.

If you think any of them can be done cleaner, let me know and I will
redo the patches.

The USE_REAL_TIME_DELAY stuff is really ugly, and mostly a hack.  You
can drop it.  Our fix should be to not let the virtual hardware drive
the physical hardware that fast, or to recognize the panic state in
delay loops and start respecting instead of ignoring delay.

Zach