Oops

Chris Wright wrote:
> * Gerd Hoffmann (kraxel at suse.de) wrote:
>> Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>>> OK, now I'm back to the old buggy state where the ttylinux rootfs fails
>>> to boot up due to init being killed instantly or something like that ...
>> That was something completely different.  Machine booted up just fine,
>> but without any output.  Due to initialization in link order and xen/
>> coming after serial/ in drivers/ the serial console becomes default when
>> enabled.  Ouch.  Move it up.
>
> This should not be needed, the console should be xcv0, completely decoupled
> from serial.

Wrong.  In't not about whenever the xen console is registered as ttyS0
tty1 or xcv0, but whenever the xen console or the serial console (as in
"8250 driver") is registered first and thus becomes the default console.
 drivers/char/ (with the vt code) is linked before drivers/serial/ for
the very same reason.

cheers,
  Gerd

--