pv_ops smp support

Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> I'm looking at adding Xen SMP support, so I'm trying to work out what
> pv_ops we need, and how to cut into the existing smp stuff.
>
> So at first pass, it looks like we need 6-8 new pv_ops for SMP, which
> isn't very appealing.
>
> Any thoughts about how to come up with a more elegant interface?  I'm
> digging through smpboot.c and friends, but there's a lot of goo in
> there...

Most of the goo is apic related goo, which can be conveniently be tucked
out of the way by just ignoring or putting in appropriate hooks.  Before
we try to dissect this into operations, I think there are two bigger
fundamental questions you need to answer -

1) What do you plan to do to address per-cpu data structures?
2) What is your remote TLB shootdown model?

Both of these could have major impacts on how you want to carve up smp.c
and smpboot.c.

Zach