explicit saves vs clobbers in paravirt.h

Andi Kleen wrote:
>> Andi, is there some way we can get the CFI stuff right for those
>> pushes/pops?
>>

> For entry.S yes (just use the CFI_* macros), but we currently don't know
> how to do it for inline assembly.

What's the issue?  Is it that it will interact badly with the compiler's
CFI output, or something else?

>> I think you're right; it shouldn't be too hard to do a bit of register
>> renaming in entry.S to make things work out nicely.
>>

> I'm not sure that's a good idea.
>
> Is there really any hook that is complex enough that it can't be written
> in pure assembly?

I'm sure there will be some hooks which are too complex for assembly,
but the ones used from entry.S are probably all going to be pretty
simple.  Are you saying you'd prefer to keep ESI as the scratch register
for assembly inlined into entry.S?