[RFC] First (incomplete) cut of Xen paravirt binding

Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
> I've updated the patches at
> http://ozlabs.org/~rusty/paravirt/?mf=33ba6c4fce13;path=/ to carve out
> the basic shape of how I see all this fitting together.

Oh, I meant to point out that obviously I intend this posting to be a
preview rather than soliciting a full review, but I think we'll start
sending out patches for full review very soon.

The structure of the patch series is as follows:

Generic patches which are fairly uncontroversial, and are essentially
the same as previously posted.  For the most part, they don't do
anything other than provide some structure for later patches to use:

    001-apply-to-page-range.patch
    001a-reboot-use-struct.patch
    002-sync-bitops.patch
    003-remove-ring0-assumptions.patch
    004-abstract-asm.patch
    005-cpuid-cleanup.patch
    unfix-fixmap.patch

The basic pieces of the paravirtualization layer, including an
implementation which runs on native hardware.  While the details of this
will change over time, these patches produce a working kernel, and so
are pretty close to being submittable - there's nothing like a concrete
example to get people interested...

    006-paravirt_header.patch
    007-paravirt-descriptor-ops.patch
    008-paravirt-structure.patch
    009-binary-patch.patch
    010-paravirt-config-deps.patch

The final set is the Xen binding to these interfaces.  It's going to be
a while before these patches produce a booting kernel, but I've already
made some structural design decisions which people will likely be
interested in, particularly in 024-head.patch and 020-paravirt-xen.patch.

    021-vsyscall-note.patch
    022-config-xen.patch
    023-xen-interface.patch
    024-head.patch