Debugging XHCI hardware issues?

Hello again,

we've made some progress getting large SuperSpeed ISO transfers for the
new Kinect to work. As it turns out, the central issue here was which
XHCI controller the device is connected to. I have two different HCs,
one from Intel and one from NEC. According to lspci, these are:

00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset
Family USB xHCI Host Controller (rev 04))

04:00.0 USB controller: NEC Corporation uPD720200 USB 3.0 Host
Controller (rev 04) (prog-if 30 [XHCI])

The exact same code works when the device is attached to the NEC
controller (transferring 33792 bytes per ISO packet as requested), but
fails on the Intel controller (transferring only 11264 bytes, exactly
1/3 of the requested size).

I don't have enough background knowledge to decide if this is some sort
of hardware issue, missing hardware feature or rather related to the
XHCI driver. Can somebody suggest a direction for further investigation?

Thanks & best regards, Florian
--
SENT FROM MY DEC VT50 TERMINAL