Re: Problem with Kingston MobileLite G3 SD card reader

On 2013-12-09 16:25, Alan Stern wrote:
On Mon, 9 Dec 2013, Thomas Raschbacher wrote:

Hi.

I recently bought a Kingston MobileLite G3 SD card reader
(http://www.kingston.com/en/flash/readers#fcr-mlg3).
I now have a problem where it recognises the microSDXC card without any problems, but does not recognise the MSPD/SDXC slot at all (on windows I
get 2 'drives')

the kingston page even lists linux (from 2.6) as supported but well it
doesn'T seem to really work (any more).

Any ideas what the problem could be?
I can help debug the problem, but I'd need some pointers as to where to
start, since it's been a while since i've been doing kernel
hacking/debug ;)

Here are some of the kernel messages I get:

..

On windows it identifies as "Generic- USB3.0 CRW    -0 USB Device" and
"Generic- USB3.0 CRW    -1 USB Device"

Please post a usbmon trace showing what happens when you plug in the
card reader.  See Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt for instructions.

Alan Stern

here are the files:
http://www.lordvan.com/Kingston_MobileLiteG3_plugin_usbmon
http://www.lordvan.com/Kingston_MobileLiteG3_unplug_usbmon

Regards
P.S.: i forgot to mention, that I run kernel 3.12.0