zte_ev not properly handling ZTE AC2726 CDMA modems

Hi everyone,

As a late follow-up to the discussion that happened in June about moving
support for most ZTE CDMA devices from option.c to zte_ev.c (where the
decision was to "convert and see if anyone complains"), I'd like to complain
:)

We have a park of approximately thirty ZTE AC2726 EVDO modems connected to
Broadcom-based routers running Linux-mips. After recent upgrade from ancient
2.6.22 to relatively modern 3.9.11, all 30 are having the same problem: pppd
connects and Internet access works for 20 to 60 seconds, then connectivity
drops and pppd logs an LCP timeout. After that, pppd is able to restart the
connection and run for another 20-60 seconds.

I did notice that these modems are now handled by zte_ev instead of option,
so I went and moved all the DEVICE_INFO's back from zte_ev.c to option.c and
also disabled zte_ev module in the kernel configuration. After this change,
the modems work just fine, like they did on 2.6.22 - using the option
driver.

Please let me know if there is any debug info I can collect to help resolve
this issue.

Thank you!

Regards,
Dmitry