Re: musb lockup on am335x

+linux-usb

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 8:02 AM, Mika Penttilä <mika.penttila@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 11/19/2013 09:06 PM, Bin Liu wrote:
>> Just realized we missed linux-usb list...

>>> Oh, my bad, the conf file wasn't right in the rootfs.. I attached a new
>>> one, replace /etc/audiopipe.conf
>>
>> I have run your test for >90mins now, and don't see the lock up.
>> The kernel I use is not the mainline kernel though, but it is close.
>>
>> git://gitorious.ti.com/ti-linux-kernel/ti-linux-kernel.git,
>> ti-linux-3.12.y branch.
>>
>> -Bin.
>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Mika
>>>

> Btw do you suspect it could be a hw problem more likely? I mean the usb

I would think it is too early to conclude without debug. If you
suspect that, is it possible to get a different platform to test, for
example BeagleBone?

> works fine with networking, mass media etc..And the lockup is a total

Audio uses ISO transfers, network or MSC mainly uses BULK transfers.
One use case works does not mean all usb use cases will work.

> freeze, I can think of interrupts left disabled by software could cause

total freezing does not rule out MUSB driver, I had a case (about a
year ago) with g_ether which causes CPPI driver waiting for an event
which never happened, so the system was completely locked up.

all I meant is that it is hard to conclude without investigation.

-Bin.