Re: khubd timed out on ep0in len=0/64 with 3.4 kernel

On Mon, 4 Nov 2013, Alan Stern wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Nov 2013, Prasad Koya wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm attaching dmesg with old_scheme_first=1 and
> > CONFIG_USB_STORAGE_DEBUG enabled. I compiled code with
> > old_scheme_first set to 1. I see that it doesn't do get descriptor
> > early in the loop so it doesn't run into khubd time out. But as I
> > mentioned earlier usb-storage runs into some sort of error and resets
> > the device 20s later it was first initialized.
> >
> > Thanks for looking.
> >

> > [    1.787606] usb-storage: *** thread sleeping.
> > [   22.816061] usb-storage: command_abort called
>
> I need to see the earlier part of the log -- that's when the problem
> occurred.  By the time of the reset, it's already too late.

Sorry -- I wrote that before noticing you had attached the entire log.
The log shows that the SMART eUSB device failed to respond to the
initial INQUIRY command.

Face it; that device simply is buggy.  If you can't replace it, you
will have to live with its shortcomings.

Alan Stern