Re: LTE vodafone K5150 (hilink) 12d1 1f16 ; 12d1 1575 mbim?

Thomas Schäfer <tschaefer@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Am 24.10.2013 11:45, schrieb Bjørn Mork:
>> Any chance you could snoop the Windows IPv6 session?  I'm interesting in
>> seeing the NS and NA messages. In particular any NA from Windows.  Don't
>> need many packets, only the part where the modem tries to discover the
>> host "L2 address".
>
> To answering one question for the moment.
>
> Wireshark did not work (interface does not appear) . But nm3.4 does.
>
> Because of the size I will store this capture file here for a while.
>
> http://www.cis.uni-muenchen.de/~thomas/k5150-nm-capture.cap
>

> ra, dhcpv6(DNS) and the ms-connections-test (ncsi) are there. I hope,
> you see also the things you want to know.

Yes, I do.

Windows both sends unsolicited neigbour advertisements to ff02::1 (all
hosts) when it adds addresses, and it answers solicitations received at
the solicted node address.

I also note the successful DHCPv6 DNS server request. That should just
work on Linux as well, given that you have a DHCPv6 client requesting
the DNS options.

Bjørn