Re: khubd timed out on ep0in len=0/64 with 3.4 kernel

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013, Prasad Koya wrote:

> Resending in plain-text.
>
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 11:06 PM, Prasad Koya <prasad.koya@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I tried with even unmounting the USB before forcing panic and I see same
> > time out while getting device descriptor.

A better test would be to unbind usb-storage from the device
beforehand.

Anyway, if the device doesn't allow itself to be reset properly then
the device is buggy.  You can test this easily enough by forcing a
device reset by hand; see

	http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=126028634531290&w=2

> > From debugs, I see that the portstatus is 0x501 to start with ie,
> > (high-speed attached, power-on, device is attached). After reset I see
> > wPortStatus and wPortChange bits as expected. However, get descriptor
> > timesout with status as -ENOENT. If I ignore this error and set
> > bMaxPacketSize0 to 64, it gets through the initialization but i see
> > usb-storage driver doing a reset much later.
> >
> > Pl see the debugs:

You have added so many new debugging messages, I can't tell what they
mean.

Alan Stern