Re: pl2303 driver regression after commit 61fa8d694b854

Am 24.10.2013 14:21, schrieb Mika Westerberg:
> Hi,
>
> Just noticed that after commit 61fa8d694b854 (usb: pl2303: also use the
> divisor based baud rate encoding method for baud rates < 115200 with HX
> chips) my TRENDnet TU-S9 USB-to-serial adapter started corrupting data.
>
> I added baud <= 115200 check back to the comparison which makes the device
> work for me again (I'm using it at 115200 bps):
>
> if (type == type_0 || type == type_1 || type == HX_CLONE || baud <= 115200)
> 	baud = pl2303_baudrate_encode_direct(baud, type, buf);
There's a better way to fix this...

> The PL2303 chip has following markings if it helps:
>
> 	PL-2303HX
> 	LF10482D
> 	TP37331HD
>
> and here is the output of 'lsusb -vv' of that device:
>
> Bus 002 Device 116: ID 067b:2303 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2303 Serial Port
> Device Descriptor:
>   bLength                18
>   bDescriptorType         1
>   bcdUSB               1.10
>   bDeviceClass            0 (Defined at Interface level)
>   bDeviceSubClass         0
>   bDeviceProtocol         0
>   bMaxPacketSize0        64
>   idVendor           0x067b Prolific Technology, Inc.
>   idProduct          0x2303 PL2303 Serial Port
>   bcdDevice            4.00
>   iManufacturer           1 Prolific Technology Inc.
>   iProduct                2 USB-Serial Controller D

Ok, this seems to be a HXD (HX rev. D) chip.
Could you please validate by checking what Prolifics CheckChipVersion
tool toll sais ?
It would also be very nice if you could provide a USB-log of what this
tool does, because we are currently not able to distinguish between HXD
and EA, RA, SA chips.
Are baudrates > 115200 working ?

Regards,
Frank Schäfer