Re: Linux USB file storage gadget with new UDC

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013, Victor Yeo wrote:

> With your input, i re-do the USBCV test, and put up a table for
> comparison between analyzer log and device log. The comparison result
> is saved as a jpeg file for easy viewing. The analyzer and device log
> are attached as well.
>
> Back to the Set-Config and Get-Config problem, from the analyser log,
> the set config setup stage and status stage are completed before the
> next get config request. In the device log, the last set config has
> not finished processing (handle_exception is not yet run), and the
> next get configuration comes.

It looks like you didn't add the dump_stack() call to the UDC driver's
queue function.  You need to add it.

> I also share the pseudo code of the setup data valid processing, i
> suspect it may be related to the problem:
>
> receive setup data valid interrupt
> find out the usb request field (bmRequestType, bRequest, wValue,
> wIndex, wLength)
> if (USB_CLEAR_FEATURE_REQUEST)
>   call usb_ep_queue()

Don't you need to handle this in the hardware, just like
USB_SET_FEATURE_REQUEST?

> else if (USB_SET_FEATURE_REQUEST or USB_SET_ADDRESS)
>   handle in hardware
> else
>   call fsg_setup()
>
> In device log, i can't see the output of dump_msg() in fsg_setup(). I
> wonder why?

Probably because you forgot to #define DUMP_MSGS in addition to #define
DEBUG.

Alan Stern