Re: [Pull Request] xHCI bug fixes for 3.12 (Link PM and misc)

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 08:09:01AM -0700, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> All of these are for issues that do not look like "regressions" to me,
> but rather, "long-standing" bugs.  While I'm all about fixing bugs and
> problems, none of these seem like urgent fixes for things that have been
> recently broken.

I agree, they're not regressions.  The support for USB 2.0 Link PM on
Haswell ULT was added in 3.11, and the code has always caused these
broken USB 3.0 devices to not enumerate when plugged into USB 2.0 ports.
We just didn't catch it until now.  And yes, the first patch fixes a
long-standing bug.

> So I'd like to take these for 3.13-rc1, and if they are fixes, take them
> into the 3.12-stable tree (and older ones) when they hit Linus's tree
> then.

Ok, fine with me.  Just to be clear though: are you asking me to delay
these "long-standing" bugs because we're now at -rc5, or do you always
want me to delay them for the next kernel release?

> I can take these as patches for my usb-next branch by hand if you want,
> or I can take a new pull request for that branch.

I'll send you a separate pull request tomorrow.  I've got a bunch of
patches for usb-next anyway.

Sarah Sharp