Re: LTE vodafone K5150 (hilink) 12d1 1f16 ; 12d1 1575 cdc_ether mbim?

Bjørn Mork <bjorn@xxxxxxx> writes:

> Do those packets (the RA and NS from the firmware) show up in a normal
> IP packet dump from the wwan interface?  Do you see any replies?  I
> guess you don't.  We set NOARP on the interface because MBIM really
> doesn't have any L2 headers.  But here we see that the firmware
> obviously believes that it needs to do neighbour discovery, and it even
> announces a L2 MAC address for the reply.  I believe this is a firmware
> screwup, but you could try turning on ARP on the interface and see what
> happens:
>   ifconfig wwan0 arp

Nope, that won't make any difference.  At least on a proper ethernet
interface we still answer NS for our addresses, even if we disable
sending them.

So the questions still are: Do you see those solicitatins going from the
driver to the IP layer?  And do you see any Neighbor Advertisement
replies from the IP layer?  If the respective answers are yes/no, then
you should look elsewhere to find the problem.  Too restrictive
ip6tables maybe?

If the answers are no/no or yes/yes, then we need to look closer at the
driver.

Bjørn