Re: LTE vodafone K5150 (hilink) 12d1 1f16 ; 12d1 1575 cdc_ether mbim?

Thomas Schäfer <tschaefer@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> Well, it shouldn't have any effect.  The driver should already be
>> autoloaded based on the class.  Is it not?  Does the probe fail?
>
> The driver is not already loaded. Modprobe does not fail, but in dmesg
> appear only three lines that something is registered.
> lsmod says cdc_mbim is not in use. There appear no devices.

Could you mount debugfs and send the relevant part of
/sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices ?  I'd like to verify which configuration
and altsettings are currently active

>> Relevant parts of dmesg would be interesting... And preferably with some
>> debugging too, if the probing really fails.
>>
> The hard tour, I will try to change from "stable" to "linux-next" pre
> builds(by distribution) and if nothing helps, I could try compiling
> the source.

No need if the problem is that it doesn't probe at all.

But if you have dynamic debugging enabled and debugfs mounted, then

 egrep 'ncm|mbim' /sys/kernel/debug/dynamic_debug/control

will show you a number of interesting debug sites which can be enabled
without rebuilding anything.  See Documentation/dynamic-debug-howto.txt
for details on how to use this.

Bjørn