Re: how to trigger function in usb_device_pm_ops

On Mon, 30 Sep 2013, yoma sophian wrote:

> hi all:
> We are trying to make usb hibernate work on our embedded system.
> below are configs we enable for system power management:

Do you mean "hibernate" or "sleep"?

> #
> # Power management options
> #
> CONFIG_SUSPEND=y
> CONFIG_SUSPEND_FREEZER=y
> # CONFIG_HIBERNATION is not set
> CONFIG_PM_SLEEP=y

Notice that PM_SLEEP is enabled but HIBERNATION is disabled.

> CONFIG_PM_SLEEP_SMP=y
> # CONFIG_PM_AUTOSLEEP is not set
> # CONFIG_PM_WAKELOCKS is not set
> CONFIG_PM_RUNTIME=y
> CONFIG_PM=y
> CONFIG_PM_DEBUG=y
> CONFIG_PM_ADVANCED_DEBUG=y
> CONFIG_PM_SLEEP_DEBUG=y
> # CONFIG_APM_EMULATION is not set
> CONFIG_PM_CLK=y
> CONFIG_CPU_PM=y
> CONFIG_ARCH_SUSPEND_POSSIBLE=y
> CONFIG_ARM_CPU_SUSPEND=y
>
> When we use "echo mem > /sys/power/state" , we didn't see any function

"mem" is a kind of sleep, not a kind of hibernation.

> in  usb_device_pm_ops is called.

Some of those functions definitely should have been called.  How do you
know they weren't called?

> Did we miss any configuration to let hibernate work?
> Or we used the wrong way to activate it?

Maybe something else went wrong before the functions were called.  What
does your dmesg log show?

Alan Stern