Re: 3.4.4: disabling irq

On 2013-08-28 21:37, Alan Stern wrote:
>>> No, if you unload the ohci-hcd driver then the webcam won't be used.
>>> Are you certain that merely stopping the daemon program will prevent
>>> the problem?
>>
>> Quite certain but retesting can confirm that.
>
> Maybe without activity, the OHCI controller goes into suspend.  You can
> prevent it by doing:
>
> 	echo on >/sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:00:13.1/usb?/power/control

/sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:00:13.0 has a file irq containing 18.
subdirectory usb8 under there has no power/control subdir/file.
Is this a configuration issue or kernel version difference?

> By the way, since you switched to the new computer, are there any
> devices attached to this USB bus other than the webcam?

The wired mouse (logitech M-BD58) is connected via usb.

> Also, at one point you had a second webcam attached to a different OHCI
> controller, as well as a Bluetooth device and a USB-serial device.
> Are they still present?

Nope. Presently not connected.

I'll have some hubs this weekend to play with.

Udo