Re: [RFT & RFC] USB: Fix USB device disconnects on resume.

On Mon, 26 Aug 2013, Sarah Sharp wrote:

> I double checked with the Intel Windows devs, and they say that Arjan is
> mistaken, and they'll get around 11 ms, just like we do.
>
> They say:
>
> "The EHCI driver stack applies the 10 ms starting at the point that it
> sees C_PORT_SUSPEND asserted for the port.
>
> The inaccuracy in Windows 8 is generally no more than 1 system clock
> period late, but it can be delayed by interrupt processing for other
> devices. I would expect the additional average delay to be no more than
> 1 ms."
>
> They didn't mention waiting for the PORT_RESUME bit to be cleared, like
> the Linux EHCI driver does.  Alan, would you like me to ask them about
> that?

Yes, please.  You might also ask them what they meant by "it sees
C_PORT_SUSPEND asserted for the port", since there is no C_PORT_SUSPEND
bit in the EHCI Port Status and Control registers.  Were they talking
about external hubs instead of the root hub?

Alan Stern