Re: USB Card reader constantly resets with xhci

On Thu, 22 Aug 2013, Joseph Yasi wrote:

> Here's one from the xhci machine where the card reader is having the
> problems. The ehci machine doesn't have a power supply right now. I'll
> try to cobble it together tonight or over the weekend to get a log
> there.

I don't see anything especially suspicious.  It just looks like the
card reader's firmware crashes every now and then, sending back STALL
electrical issue -- insufficient power or something like that.  Or it
could be a bug in the host controller hardware.

The only way to tell for sure whether the problem lies in the device or
in the computer is to use a USB bus analyzer.

Alan Stern