Re: I: Sierra.c USB Serial Driver FAQ/Feature Request

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 03:47:48PM +0200, Oleksij Rempel wrote:
> Am 17.08.2013 14:53, schrieb Forest Bond:
> >Hi,

> >>The modem is speaking Sierra's proprietary CnS protocol.  This is a
> >>proprietary protocol for which no public documentation has been
> >>released, and so we'd have to reverse-engineer the specific commands
> >>being used to switch the modem between 3G and 4G mode.
> >
> >This is actually not true.  Sierra released a document titled "CDMA 1xEV-DO CnS
> >Reference" under a Creative Commons license.  It has since disappeared from the
> >Internet, but private copies exist. ;)  There are a large number of specifics
> >not covered by this document, but it does cover the basics of speaking CnS.
> >
> >Actually, I recall you mentioning this document here:
> >
> >http://blogs.gnome.org/dcbw/2010/04/15/mobile-broadband-and-qualcomm-proprietary-protocols/
> >
> >I can post the document somewhere if it would be helpful.  It's only 279KB.
>
> i would like to have this document if possible :)

Okay, I published it here:

  http://www.alittletooquiet.net/media/2131024%20CDMA%20EVDO%20CnS%20Reference.pdf

For the record, the document states its license as follows:

  http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/us/

  You are free:

  to Share — to copy, distribute,display, and perform the work

  Under the following conditions:

  Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author
  or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your
  use of the work).

  No Derivative Works. You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.

Thanks,
Forest
--
Forest Bond